International trade center - Geneva tools to analyze market access measures
GIZ in association with the SAARC TRADE PROMOTION NETWORK and INTERNATONAL TRADE CENTER,Geneva conducted a 4 day workshop training for a member of SAARC ENTREPRENEUR COUNCIL / WCIC in December 2012 in Chennai, India.
The training conducted by Julia Spies and Samidh Shrestha from ITC Geneva, provided an opportunity for the participant to acquire and share with WCIC members reliable information on analyzing market access measures.
The International Trade Centre has developed five web portals to enhance the transparency of global trade and market access and to help users in their market analyses.
Provides information transparency (Global Public Goods)
Performs country-level trade diagnostics & research
Trade Map, MAcMap, Investment Map, Standards Map
- Serves trade-related decisions & strategies of: Enterprises, TSIs, Policy Makers, International Organizations, NGOs, Academia & Think Tanks
- Timely and topical analysis of global trade and market access trends
Builds capacity in market analysis and research
- Surveys & studies of trade patterns, national export performance and competitiveness, export potential, tariff and non-tariff market access and trade obstacles.
- Serves as inputs to: national policy decisions about business environment; market access negotiations; national trade & investment strategy; and ITC strategic planning and technical interventions
- Ensures analysis and studies can be replicated at national level (creates independence) and serves all client groups